Best Resveratrol Supplements in 2023 – And Why
Resveratrol is a kind of natural phenol produced by a certain specimen of plants in response to injury. This can be extracted from the skin of blueberries, peanuts, mulberries, raspberries, and grapes. Resveratrol is a popular dietary supplement used for medical conditions such as high cholesterol, cancer, heart disease, and others. Furthermore, it effectively expands blood vessels; thus reducing the activity of cells – an important aspect of blood clotting. The research concludes that Resveratrol may decrease swelling and pain due to the weak estrogen aspect of it.
Resveratrol supplements have a wide range of pharmacological applications, and like all good supplements; they can maximize your health & protect you from lethal conditions. Since they come in a variety of forms depending on your needs, here’s the one’s we recommend and why:
Our Top 6 Resveratrol Supplements, Extracts, And Oils For You And Your Family Are:
Resveratrol extracts have many impactful effects on the cellular level. In the early 2000s, Resveratrol was discovered to activate a class of proteins known as sirtuins that are key elements in aging, inflammation, metabolic health have led to the popularity of these supplements. These pharmacological benefits must be taken into mind when deciding whether Resveratrol is worth it.
We’ve compiled a list keeping in mind these benefits while balancing against the side-effects to provide you with a comprehensive idea of Resveratrol Supplements, showing you which stand out the most. Here’s a description of each from our list:
Nuzena Resveratrol Rapid +
Resveratrol Rapid + is a naturally produced Resveratrol Supplement made by Nuzena that was specifically designed by health professionals to address the need for an all-natural anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant support to increase insulin sensitivity, lower blood pressure, and promote life longevity.
The ingredients are all backed by scientific research from top health professionals and healthcare institutions such as Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical Clinic, Neuropathic Doctor News & Review, etc., and is an impressive Resveratrol Supplement in the market.
- 60 capsules/ 30 day supply
- One of the highest dosages of resveratrol on the market (1200mg/serving)
- Vegan Friendly
- Lab Tested in FDA Certified labs
- Complies with GMP Guidelines
- Backed by Scientific Research
- Quality Certification From Multiple Third Parties
Who Makes It?
Nuzena produces Resveratrol Rapid+. Nuzena is a health and wellness company that envisions empowering people to achieve their health goals by providing not only health products but also quality consultancy by healthcare professionals. With over 10,000 customers – Nuzena also provides free tailored online health consultations to people worldwide & has gathered quite a reputation in doing so.
Nuzena Supplements are naturally made, with sustainability and purity kept in mind. They are committed to clinical certification and adhere to all FDA and GMP regulations during production
- 1200 mg resveratrol per serving
- All-Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free
- Lab Tested in FDA Certified Lab
- Third-Party Certified
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, and Vegan Friendly
- Exceeding recommended dosage may be problematic
Purely Beneficial Resveratrol 1450
Purely Beneficials Resveratrol 1450 provides one of the purest ingredients when it comes to resveratrol dietary supplements. This is an excellent source of Vitamin C and Rich Antioxidants that comes in easy to swallow capsules. The Purely Beneficial Resveratrol Blend consists of Trans-Resveratrol, Grape Seed Extract, Acai Extract, Pomegranate Extract, Green Tea Extract, Blue Berry Extract – and many more all-natural ingredients. This product adheres to cGMP Standards & is also made in an FDA certified facility like the Nuzena Trans-Resveratrol.
This resveratrol supplement is beneficial for Heart Health, Vascular Health, Blood Pressure, Anti-Aging, Endurance Training, and so on.
- Highly Potent Antioxidants
- Pure & Natural Ingredients.
- No Artificial Ingredients or Harmful Preservatives.
- Highest Quality Ingredients used.
- Very diverse extract blend of
- Grape Seed
- Green Tea
- Vitamin C
- And many more
- FDA Certified Facilities
- cGMP Standards
- 90 capsules total, 2 capsules/day provide 45 days’ supply.
Who Makes It?
Made in Purely Beneficial, a company born in the USA strives for perfection by creating the purest supplements with the highest quality ingredients. Their products are designed for maximum effect & diverse benefits. Purely Beneficial is FDA inspected & cGMP Standard, confidently offering 100% money-back guarantees in case of dissatisfaction.
- A diverse blend of resveratrol extracts
- cGMP Standard certified
- Pure & All-Natural
- Highly Potent Antioxidants
- Packaging Subpar
ProHealth Longevity Trans-Resveratrol
While regular trans-resveratrol is 1% absorbable, ProHealth Longevity Trans-Resveratrol can improve C-max blood levels and absorption up to 1544%. This unique blend of quercetin, red wine extract, green tea extract, and BioPerine comes in 1000 mg of pure trans-resveratrol per 2 capsule serving.
This dietary supplement is targeted towards activating the sirtuins, also known as the longevity genes. This is achieved by pairing NMN and 100% Pure Trans-Resveratrol together.
- 100% Trans-Resveratrol, No Cis-Resveratrol
- NMN & Trans-Resveratrol Activate Longevity Genes
- 1544% Absorption as opposed to meager 1%
- SIRT1 gene/Longevity Gene activation Researched backed.
- Also beneficial in neurological, cardiovascular, and orthopedic instances
- 60 capsules = 1 month
- Pharmaceutical Grade
- GMP Certified
- 100% Vegan
Who Makes It?
This dietary supplement is manufactured by ProHealth Longevity, a health and wellness brand dedicated to research on anti-aging molecules, health restoration, lifestyle choices, and medical procedures. It has been in the scene since 1988 and many of its products receive the esteemed “Amazon Choice” title.
With over one million customers and a massive outreach – ProHealth Longevity has raised over $4,000,000 for medical research and patient advocacy. They have made great strides and act as a front-runner of the dietary supplement industry.
- Reputable Producer
- 100% Trans-Resveratrol
- Increased Absorption To 1544%
- Research-backed benefits
- GMP Certified
- Non-GMO & 100% Vegan
- Taking two pills every day may be tedious
You’ll Also Like: Some Methods for Dealing with Depression
Puredia Trans Resveratrol
Puredia and Time Health collaborated to create This Trans-Resveratrol. This dietary supplement extracts a natural trans-resveratrol from the prestigious Japanese knotweed plant roots and combines it with a grape skin extract. This provides in with a completely natural, and bioavailable Trans-Resveratrol dietary supplement. The brown color of this resveratrol extract is due to its 1:1 ratio of Puredia Resveratrol & Japanese Giant Knotweed Root.
This extract is manufactured with zero additives and hence is a non-GMO, Gluten-Free & Vegan supplement. Furthermore, it adheres to the highest GMP standards; yet again reassuring us of its credibility. Lastly, this also involves a scientifically-backed study regarding the rapid metabolization & subsequent elimination of Trans-Resveratrol from our system & solves it with dual dosing. These dual doses require 250 mg to be split into two separate doses of 125 mg – one was taken in the morning & the other in the evening. Despite its strength, it is also sometimes reviewed to have an awful taste & smell but its pharmacological qualities are barely disputed.
- Collaboration Between Puredia & Time Health
- Japanese Knotted Plant Root Trans-Resveratrol & Grape Skin Extract
- 100% Natural & Pure.
- 1:1 Ratio Puredia Resveratrol & Japanese Giant Knotweed Root
- 100% Vegan
- Dual Dosing (125 mg Morning and Evening)
- 3 Months Supply
Who Makes It?
This dietary supplement is jointly made by Puredia and Time Health. Puredia is a world-leading supplier of Resveratrol while Time Health is an outstanding health and wellness company from England. While they might have different stories, they converged on the common ground of Resveratrol and other dietary supplements.
By carefully selecting ingredients, and expertly formulating them via their joint expertise – Puredia Trans-Resveratrol was formed to serve those in need of a powerful antioxidant capable of assisting them medically. Their joint manufacturing excellence & commitment to quality is reflected in this product.
- Dual Dosage Regards Trans-Resveratrol Metabolization & Elimination
- 100% Natural, Non-GMO
- Sufficient Quantity (3 Months)
- Unique Combination of Japanese Giant Knotweed Root & Grape Skin Extract
- Taste & Smell Unappetizing
Nutrissence Resveratrol 500
Nutrissence Resveratrol 500 mg is a dietary supplement produced in the USA by Nutrissence. The supplement features 180 capsules to be taken twice a day, amounting to enough for a quarter of a year. This product is made with Resveratrol Extract (Polygonum Cuspidatum Root/Rhizome Extract) combined with Yielding Trans-Resveratrol in a 2:1 ratio. Additionally, this also uses other ingredients such as Gelatin & Rice Flour. It stands out as a safe option because of it bears no trace of preservative, soy, GMO, artificial flavors and additives, gluten, yeast, corn, milk, lactose, salt, sugar, starch or wheat; making it immune from the possible harms of including the above mentioned.
Primarily, Nutrissence features two benefits of this dietary supplement: Anti-Aging & Cardiovascular Muscle Support. However, Antioxidants have many other benefits as discussed above.
- Antioxidant & Anti-aging properties
- Cardiovascular Function Support
- Convenient Capsule Form (180 capsules = 3 months)
- Rhizome Extract, Trans-Resveratrol, Gelatin, Rice Flour
- No Preservatives or Artificial Ingredients
- No Soy, Gluten, Yeast, Corn, Milk, Lactose, Salt, Sugar, Starch, and Wheat
- Amazon Choice
Who Makes It?
This dietary supplement is made by Nutrissence, US-based health, and wellness company that strive to offer their customers peak quality at the best prices. Based on scientific research, this company follows GMP guidelines and has decades of experience in dietary supplements.
Nutrissence Products are known for their sense of security, providing customers with the safest option available & not tampering with the original tenants of their dietary supplements. This has been the foundation of this companies growth.
- Amazon Choice
- Non-GMO & No Artificial Preservatives or Ingredients
- Safe Option as it doesn’t have a variety of common ingredients.
- Convenient Capsule Form
- Trans-Resveratrol is 250 mg, this is a problem if you want the desired dosage of 500 mg.
TruNature Grape Seed & Resveratrol
Grapes throughout history has been a source of traditional treatment all across Europe. Similarly, Grape Seed Extract which is derived from ground-up red wine grape seeds is a fairly new albeit popular treatment. Similarly, TruNature Grape Seed & Resveratrol provides a timed-release action in an easily consumed tablet.
This 150/serving tablet, taken once per day has more antioxidants than grape seed alone and is claimed to be one of the richest sources of proanthocyanidins. Its antioxidant quality makes it extremely popular due to the quality of keeping artery walls flexible, a vital part of blood circulation and it’s wellbeing. Furthermore, it can also aide in swelling & diabetes caused eye-injuries. Finally, being fully natural – it is highly recommended by those who take dietary supplements.
- 150 mg/serving is the optimum dosage
- Will last 5 months/150 days
- Grape Skin Extract & Grape Juice Extract in 3:1 Ratio
- Highly Recommended by Consumers
- Richer source of proanthocyanidins, and antioxidants which limit the damage by freeing up arteries.
- More anti-oxidants than grape seed alone
Who Makes It?
This Grape Seed & Resveratrol is manufactured by TruNature, one of the best dietary supplement brands. TruNature has acquired the USP seal of approval for a few of its supplements, meaning TruNature meets high standards for quality and purity.
TruNature products are from mother Earth herself, and none contain artificial or chemical compounds.
- Optimum Dosage (150mg/service)
- More antioxidants than grape seed alone
- Overwhelmingly positive reviews
- Long term purchase (5 months)
- Side Effects may include headaches & nausea.
You’ll Also Like: Best Krill Oil Supplements in 2023
Benefits Of Resveratrol:
While compounds like red wine, grape seed, acai, and other plants have their medicinal qualities; Resveratrol, an extract from these components, has health benefits of its right – often surpassing their origins when taking a supplementary form. Mostly found in the skin & seeds of berries, this compound has a diverse list of advantages as they’re shown below.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Based on a 2015 Study Resveratrol’s Anti-Oxidant component has a blood pressure-lowering effect that produces more nitric oxide, causing blood vessels to relax.
- Positive Effect on Blood Fats: A 2016 study showed that Resveratrol can decrease body weight and total cholesterol count while increasing HDL counts. By decreasing oxidization, it lessens LDL cholesterol oxidation
- Lengthens Lifespan: Resveratrol has increased lifespan in animals by stimulating the sirtuins, a longevity hormone in the body.
- Protects Brain Cells: Resveratrol interferes with protein fragments called beta-amyloid, which form the plaques – an indicator of Alzheimer’s.
- Increases Insulin Sensitivity: Resveratrol increases insulin sensitivity and can be vital in countering diabetes by protecting against oxidative stress, decreasing inflammation, and activating AMPK which keeps blood pressure low.
- Easing Joint Pain: Resveratrol can prevent cartilage breakdown and ease joint pain.
- May Suppress Cancer Cells: Resveratrol may have the potential to inhibit cancer cell growth, change gene expression, and have hormonal effects that can keep hormone-dependent cancers at bay.
How To Take Resveratrol?
Resveratrol dietary supplements come in various forms from soft gels to liquefied mixtures. However, most extracts come as capsules & tablets. These capsules are often mixtures trans-resveratrol & other enhancing compounds. However, the market has also seen products like oils, chews, etc.
Who Can Take Resveratrol?
Resveratrol does not have any major side-effects according to most research. Hence, it is mostly safe for all adults. However, people with allergies to certain resveratrol products like grapes and acai should keep in mind the product condiments. Furthermore, Pregnant & Nursing Mothers, Children under 18, and people with medical conditions should consult a physician before administration this dietary supplement.
How To Pick A Good Resveratrol Supplement?
Generally speaking, most resveratrol will offer you similar benefits. But with so many products on the market, here are a few metrics to help you decide where you want to get started?
Right Dosage: Supplements between 250mg to 500mg are common in the resveratrol market, which is significantly less than what studies suggest as recommended. According to WebMD, an effective resveratrol dosage is 2000 mg/ day but you must figure out your dosage.
Purity and List of Ingredients: Despite how tempting a supplement might sound, research into them. The best way to maximize the benefits is by understanding what kind of ingredients you want to consume & the general purity. Also, keep an eye out for things you may be allergic to prevent fatalities.
Look for Trans-Resveratrol: There are two kinds of Resveratrol: Trans and Cis. While Trans-Resveratrol has beneficial properties, Cis Resveratrol does not. These are often balanced and can vary from 5% Trans to 75% Trans. Higher Quality Resveratrol has higher amounts of Trans-Resveratrol whereas low-grade supplements will have the opposite.
Look Out For Additives: Resveratrol is a natural substance that shouldn’t be tinkered with, however – some supplement providers may manipulate this and you must be aware. If something sounds unnatural, look up the ingredient. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
Manufacturing / Certifications: There are mainly three things to look out for in this regard
- FDA Registered Facilities: You must ensure your supplements are produced in a proper environment, and thus FDA regulations exist. Some may try to bypass these but you must continually be aware of this. Your supplements should grow in safe environments.
- GMC Certification: GMC Certificates are proof of legitimate registration. If companies have this, it is another step towards being reassured in their product.
- Third-Party Tested: Many companies will try to manipulate research by fabricating it to boost sales, hence – look for Third-Party Tested Seals. This will reassure you that this product is indeed something that works, leaving lesser room for speculation.
You’ll Also Like: Best Anti-Anxiety Supplements in 2023
Q: What Kind of Food Has Resveratrol?
A: Resveratrol can be found in a host of items. However, these are in lower quantities as opposed to supplements. They can be found in Wine, Peanut Butter, Peanuts, Grapes, Raisings, Dark Chocolate, Blueberries, Raspberries, and many other ingredients.
Q: What is The Best Time To Take Resveratrol?
A: There is no best time to take resveratrol, it can be taken at any time of the day. You may consume it with your food or without. A lot of brands encourage taking one in the morning and another in the event in the case of two dosages/day.
However, try to keep space between multiple dosages to ensure proper metabolism.
Q: Can Pregnant Mothers Have Resveratrol?
A: Pregnant Mothers, Nursing Mothers, Children Under 18, and People with Health Conditions should ideally consult their healthcare practitioner before consuming Resveratrol Supplements.
Q: Are there any Side Effects of Resveratrol?
A: Micro doses (1.0g) don’t have any side effects, but consuming over 2.5g/day might show side effects like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and liver dysfunction in rare cases.
Q: Can Resveratrol Reverse Aging?
A: There has been a lot of discussion regarding this, but after research from Harvard Medical School: they found that resveratrol found in red wine does indeed have anti-aging benefits. This is because of how the antioxidant simulates the sirtuins, a longevity hormone.
Q: Does Resveratrol Help With Sleep?
A: Studies show dietary supplements of resveratrol may help in strengthening sleeping cycles. Resveratrol can help with chronic pain and improve mood, so this may be a consequence of the above mentioned.
Q: Is Resveratrol Anti-Inflammatory?
A: Resveratrol belongs to a compound group named polyphenols that act as antioxidants. Polyphenols protect the body against damage and are considered a therapeutic agent for various diseases, including but not limited to inflammatory diseases. Hence, it can be concluded that Resveratrol is Anti-Inflammatory.
Q: Can You Overdose on Resveratrol?
A: When taken up to 1500 mg every day for 90 days, Resveratrol is most likely safe. There are records of higher doses (2000-3000 mg) being used safely for 2-6 months but these are likely to cause stomach problems. There are no documented fatal overdoses of Resveratrol.
Resveratrol – Final Thoughts
Resveratrol is a unique substance and exists in small quantities in nature. For example, 750 mg of Red wine has only 9 mg of resveratrol anti-oxidizing agent. Having known the medicinal properties of trans-resveratrol, it is a miracle that we can create supplements of such large quantities.
While we appreciate this innovation, we must keep in mind that supplements are complementary and not replacements for a healthy diet. Resveratrol has many benefits that remain untapped for the vast majority, with the anti-oxidizing agent being capable of magical things like increased longevity, pain alleviation, decreased cholesterol, lowered blood pressure, increased insulin sensitivity, and the subsequent consequences of such.
Hence, this is a one-stop natural solution and a bypass to expensive and repetitive medication. Resveratrol is innovative, and we must make the most of it.